Students may be asked to leave the Computer Lab if they do not observe the Lab policies.
- No tobacco products, beverages or food are permitted in computer labs.
- Cell Phones/Beepers/Pagers are to be set to Vibrate.
- Lab users are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, including keeping the noise level to a minimum and respecting neighbors' work space.
- Students are expected to respect the authority of Lab Assistants in the absence of the Lab Manager. Any problems in dealing with Lab Assistants shuld be directed to the Lab Manager.
- Tampering with the computer equipment wll not be tolerated. Students needing help with a special problem should contact the Lab Manager or the Lab Assistants for assistance.
- Lab users are required to save their work on removable media which they must provide. Any work saved on the machines will be discarded.
- When a class is being conducted in the Lab, non-class users are not permitted entry unless given permission by the instructor.
- It is suggested that all students invest in a Flash/Jump/USB/Thumb Drive to save their work.
Student E-mail Usage
Any student may use the lab to access e-mail. First time users should ask the Lab Manager or Lab Assistants for help.
Student Internet Usage
- All students will be subject to the Middle Georgia Computer and Network Usage Policy when using the Internet.
- All College rules of conduct apply to the use of computing facilities and resources. Use of computing facilities and resources for purposes that involve academic dishonesty is a violation of College policy.
- Persons in violation of this policy are subject to the full range of sanctions, including the loss of computer or network access privileges, disciplinary action, dismissal from the College, and legal action. Please refer to the Student Handbook for details.