New Student Checklist AMT Aviation Maintenance Technology and AVT Avionics Technology Certificate or Degree Programs
- Make an appointment to speak to Adon Clark, AMT and AVT Program Advisor, (478-374-6407).
- To minimize the number of trips to the MGC main campus, you need to do the following:
- APPLICATION FOR ENROLLMENT. You can obtain the application from the MGC Admissions office in Cochran, Georgia, or you can fill it out online by clicking on the following link: Apply Online Now
- TRANSCRIPTS. Request your official High School and College Transcripts or obtain proof of GED. Send or hand carry sealed transcripts to the MGC Admissions office.
- IMMUNIZATION FORM. Have your family doctor or the health department fill out and sign the Immunization form. Click here to access and print the form: Certificate of Immunization
- COMPASS TEST. You will be given a testing date for the COMPASS test after your application is processed.
- FINANCIAL AID. Apply for Financial Aid:
- FAFSA (Pell Grant). If you are eligible for Pell or need more information to see if you are eligible, click the following link and follow the instructions: Apply for Financial Aid
- HOPE GRANT (certificate and mini-certificate only).
- HOPE SCHOLARSHIP(degree only). Go to www.gacollege411.com. If you are a first time user, make sure you read all the information under "For Students." This information will make your application easier. Next, create an account. Once you have created an account go back to and click on "my 411." You need to make sure your Social Security Number is entered on this page or your application will not process. After checking "my 411" finish the application process. Make sure Middle Georgia College is selected for the school you are attending, not Georgia Aviation Technical College.
- APPLICATION TO THE AVIATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION.
- PRINT the application to the Aviation Technology Division: Technology Division Application
- COMPLETE all sections of the application
- SIGN AND DATE the application
- MAIL OR HAND DELIVER the application to:
Aviation Technology Division
71 Airport Road
Eastman, GA 31023
Once you have the application for enrollment filled out, your high school and/or college transcripts sent to MGC or in hand, the immunization form filled out and signed, and the application to the aviation technology division completed, you are ready to make a trip to the MGC admissions office in Cochran or Eastman.For more detailed information about the AMT program, click here: AMT
For more detailed information about the AVT program, click here: AVT