1. Develop independent learning skills such as active learning and problem solving.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the relationships of inorganic and organic chemistry to living systems.
3. Describe the structure and function of cells and their interactions in tissues.
4. Identify the anatomical features and relationships of the following organs and organ systems: integumentary, skeletal, muscular, nervous, and sensory.
5. Describe the physiology of organ systems in the maintenance of homeostasis including the integumentary, skeletal, muscular, nervous, and sensory.
6. Demonstrate proper use of relevant laboratory equipment.