Middle Georgia College (MGC) is a state college unit of the University System of Georgia with a focus on providing constituents access to certificate, associate, and select baccalaureate programs in academic transfer or occupation related programs of study. The College is dedicated to providing a dynamic, learning-centered, caring and technically advanced environment of excellence. As a multi-campus, residential institution, the College pursues innovative opportunities to provide services to its traditional and non-traditional students primarily from rural areas of south central Georgia and will maintain a recognized legacy of affordable higher education and community support services of the highest quality. The College also serves as the only higher education institution of aviation for the State of Georgia.
The College's historic main campus in Cochran offers academic programs of study through the baccalaureate degree for commuting and residential students. The Institution's Georgia Aviation campus in Eastman provides aviation specific technical education for the State while supporting the main campus' Bachelor of Science in Aviation Management degree program. The Dublin Center provides educational opportunities for central Georgia commuting students. Selected certificate and associate degree programs, as well as additional advanced higher education opportunities, are offered online and in collaboration with participating four-year institutions. In addition, MGC provides undergraduate education addressing the economic development needs of Georgia's heartland and the state's aviation industry.
To accomplish its mission, MGC commits to the following goals:
- Promoting a campus-wide commitment to student learning that is embedded in course and program design, teaching, achievement, and student development activities.
- Providing the highest quality classroom and/or advanced distance learning instruction that enriches and challenges learners in all programs at all levels.
- Creating a welcoming campus community that nurtures a culturally and ethnically diverse student body.
- Offering programs of excellence leading to certificates and associate degrees to prepare students for immediate employment and/or acceptance to baccalaureate degrees at Middle Georgia College or other colleges and universities.
- Offering a signature aviation program that is the only public curriculum in Georgia leading to select baccalaureate degrees in aviation management as well as certificate and associate programs in flight and aviation technology specialties which prepare students for immediate employment, careers, and further study in aviation.
- Providing the Georgia Academy of Mathematics, Engineering, and Sciences (GAMES) program which challenges gifted students to experience the rigors of higher education at an earlier entrance.
- Providing the support resources, services, and learning activities that enhance student learning, facilitate student success, and promote personal enrichment.
- Providing and supporting an adaptive, effective, and efficient human and physical infrastructure which maintains and supports the learning environment.