Eligible, benefitted employees will have 30 days from his/her date of hire to enroll in benefits through the ADP Benefit Portal. If no benefits are elected, he/she may enroll in benefits during the annual open enrollment. It is very important that each benefitted employee designate beneficiaries on the ADP Benefit Portal.
- Health Insurance - Eligible benefitted employees and dependents may participate in a comprehensive group health insurance plan. Employees contribute 30% of the cost and the College contributes the remaining 70%. These employee contributions are made on a pre-tax basis. The College offers six health insurance plans: PPO, PPO Alternative, BlueChoice HMO, a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), HDHP Alternative, and the Kaiser HMO.
- The PPO Plan uses Medco for its pharmacy program. The HMO and HDHP plans use Wellpoint/Express Scripts for their pharmacy program. Kaiser HMO uses Kaiser's pharmacy program.
- Dental Insurance - Eligible, benefitted employees and their dependents may participate in a comprehensive group dental plan with Metlife. The premium contributions are made on a pre-tax basis. There is a $1,200 maximum per person per year.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) - Benefitted employees who are enrolled in the High Deductible Health Plan are eligible to participate in the HSA. The HSA account is a pre-tax account that may be used for un-reimbursable, qualified medical expenses as defined by IRS Publication 502. These monies will carry forward if they are not used in the current year and are available when an employee terminates from the College. U.S. Bank manages these accounts.
- Supplemental and Dependent Life Insurance - Additional supplemental coverage in the amounts of 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 times an employee's salary is available. A $10,000 dependent life insurance is also available. If additional life insurance is not selected at the time of employment, additional insurance may be elected during the Open Enrollment period with approval by the insurance company of insurability.
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance - This insurance is available to protect the employee against loss of income during long periods of disability. There is a 90 day elimination period and the premium is based on the employee's salary. After the elimination period is met, the covered employee is eligible to receive 60% of their salary before returning to their job or reaching age 65. Disability income from UnumProvident may be reduced by the amount of other benefits received. If LTD insurance is not selected at the time of employment, LTD insurance may be elected during the Open Enrollment period with approval by the insurance company of insurability.