The mission of the Multicultural Affairs (Advising) Program (MAP) is to provide learning and celebratory opportunities to all students, faculty, and staff by focusing on cultural awareness and sensitivity, inter-cultural communication, and leadership development in order to foster an MGC community culture that embodies social justice, diversity, and student retention.
- To promote the ideals of inclusiveness, pluralism, and mutual respect for all peoples and cultures.
- To provide a diverse community culture for learning and intercultural communication.
- Advising program to supplement academic advising activities
- Guidance regarding academic and campus resources
- Resources and advising to supplement academic advising and improve cognitive as well as non-cognitive dimensions of intellectual, personal, and social self-actualization
- Special individualized advising
- Comprehensive career advising and planning
- Culturally appropriate programs and activities
- Peer and community mentoring program and activities
The MAP Coordinator's office is located in the lower level of Roberts Memorial Library (G9). The MAP Coordinator will visit the Dublin and Eastman Campuses weekly and will be located in the Student Success Centers. The MAP Coordinator's weekly schedule will be posted in the Student Success Centers on each campus.
The Dublin Student Success Center is located in (LB 206).
The Eastman Student Success Center is located in (1181).